Dec 30, 2008

★ another year..

one more day left in 2008...looking back on the year, did i accomplish what i wanted? Is my family healthy and happy? Did i fulfill my roles as mother, wife, sister, confident, friend? Have i been there for those who needed me? Was I a good witness of my faith? Have I opened my heart to new ideas? to love? to friendship?

These are all things going through my mind as i look to 2009.

One huge accomplishment for Glenn and I, is that all the scarificing we have done, all the things we have gone without, will pay off....in January, we will be mortgage free...our home will be ours and paid in full...10 years of sacrificing to make weekly payments to avoid higher interest fees....we will have a little freedom to travel more and prepare for our boys education...that in itself is so huge for us!!! It will also allow Glenn to slow down, he is such a great provider and has worked so very hard for us!!! I love you Hon!

its also time to chose a new word for 2009....drop on by Ali E's blog to find out what "finding your word" is all about...

My Word for 2009...is Believe...there are more things i want to achieve in 2009...and i want to Believe that I can achieve them ....this was also an ornament on my tree this year...i have looked at this star ornament alot over the holidays...time and time again, it kept bringing me back...making me realise how very lucky i am...


Ali writes

One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet. Again, be open to the possibilities...

so if you have never done a word, drop by her blog and do some reading..if you have done a word in the past, i look forward to seeing what your word is for 2009...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by today I really appreciate your comments.

Karan