May 8, 2011

weekend away

with friends is much needed once in a while. I always try go to Memories Manor twice a year. Memories Manor is by far, the one stop get away spot for Scrappers..if you have never experienced this awesome retreat, and are only a couple hrs drive from St Clair, Michigan, i encourage you to check it out.... so anyway....a few friends and I decided to go to Mega Meet for the first time this year, and how lucky were we that it coincided with our Memories Manor weeked. We loved it so much we are returning next year..all this in one fun filled, Mothers Day Getaway. And of course, scrapping was done. While at Mega Meet, i purchased a few things, and found an awesome kit site, The Button Farm, so its not a button site, like i originally thought, they are a kit site with some pretty amazing mini album and altered item kits. Here is a kit i purchased and completed...
detail shot
and I also managed to complete a 10x20 canvas, this was originally a quick quotes kit, but all i wanted was the canvas, so i discarded everything but the canvas and designed this..using some prima papers, distress stains, fluid acrylics. There is five layers of colour on that canvas..
detail shot..
playing with some pan pastels...new tim holtz kraft resist papers and fluid acrylic paints, Heartfelt Creations Stamps, Spellbinders, Copics, and Art Institute Glitter, came up with this..
more fluid acrylic, tim holtz distress stains, mme stella rose and tim holtz new kraft resist papers, i love how this turned out, the photo doesnt show the patina look the paper had taken on but i love, love, love...how this turned out.....
a rather simple layout compared to those full of technique above...
this was using the new line from Fancy Pants, Its the Little Things..
It was a most incredible weekend, and we didnt begin scrapping until we arrived at Memories Manor on Friday, so i think i accomplished more then i thought i would. My weekend was filled with many laughs, chats, fun, food and good times. I feel so very blessed to have had the opportunity to get away and destress......

4 comments:

  1. Woow my friend,what a grea weekend you had and so productive,everything you made is AWESOME.
    I´m green of envy LOL.I would love to go there!!!
    I just finished my card,I´ll send it soon!

    Happy Mother´s day!!
    Luzma

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like an awesome weekend and your projects are all amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karan, I tried to contact you via mail but am having such server problems. if you did not receive any of my mails I willl get back to you when I can! Thank you so much!
    I love that printers tray SO much!!
    //Bente

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today I really appreciate your comments.

Karan