Apr 1, 2012

bright eyed babe---

Happy Sunday Scrappers!

As most of you know, I will soon be designing and instructing workshops at Scrappin great Deals in Komoka, Ontario. I am so excited to be working with Sheila and her staff.  She has one very talented group of Designers! My classes are now online so you can prepay for your seat right from the comfort of your home!

While i was visiting the store on Friday, Sheila gave me three monthly kits to bring home with me to see what i can come up with. I was able to put this sweet layout together using the March Kit ( still a ton left in this kit to do more) but i wanted to share this one with you.

*********************

Photo is of Glenn ( my hubby) and our sweet grand daughter Ariel.  Ariel was 7 months old in this photo and had just began to crawl.  Time flies by when they are this age and Glenn is such a proud Grandpa ( as his sweet smile shows)
*********
the paper from Bo Bunny already had some fabulous blending of colour on the edges, so i just added some softer yellow tones to go with my theme of the layout using the Tim Holtz Blending tool and wild honey distress ink.

Designer Details:
I used the Spellbinders Banner Basics die to create the banner-this is an awesome die as it does both sizes for you.  I added some Wild Honey Distress ink to the edges and grabbed October afternoon alpha stickers from my stash to add the title, Popped it using foam dots. I also used the flower burst border punch from EK and a scallop border punch from Fiskars.

 the kit came with some die cut chipboard in it.  I painted the chipboard white with gesso, then applied a coat of Glamour Dust to add a feminie touch for Ariel.
The second Spellbinders die i used was Rose Creation, i used the top four sizes and cut it out three times each to create the flower, inked the edges using Wild Honey Distress Ink .  I then added some Emboss Gloss which was the base for the Glamour dust.


I love how this turned out and know this will be a great addition for Ariels Album. 
Sheila still has a few kits available online, i will be sharing more creations with you soon.

Happy Scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Karan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning! I love the photo and the elements..WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today I really appreciate your comments.

Karan