May 3, 2012

★ Off The Page: Quick Quotes

Hello Scrappy Friends. we are celebrating Mothers Day  on the Quick Quotes Blog and i have created a keepsake tin using DreamScape Line.


Creating a project for mothers day was a bit difficult for me.  I recently lost my mother in February, and I really struggled with creating a project dedicated to her so soon.  One thing I truly love about this hobby, is, it’s so therapeutic.  And I found while I was creating this beautiful keepsake tin, I remembered some fond moments spent with my mom, and I tucked those memories on the tags in this project. I cut out the Always in our Hearts from Dreamscape 500 and used it as part of the title for the tin.


Front cover






inside cover of  tin I punched out a couple butterflies using a butterfly punch.




inside bottom tin.  I used a bottle cap from Maya Road along with a kraft envelope, the tags have some of my favorite memories of my mom written on them along with some photos of her. This will be a precious keepsake i will be able to look at with fond memories for years to come.




detail shot of cover






inside cover and inside bottom tin-closes beautifully even with all the detail:)

thank you for joining me today. 



I hope this project inspires you to create a beautiful keepsake for your mom!



Materials Used:



Purple Passion Chalk Ink, Very Berry Chalk Ink, Chipboard sentiment from Quick Quotes



Other Materials used:

Maya Road Tin, bottle Cap, trinket pin, Jonathon Alphabet, vintage trim,


toille ribbon, Dusty Attic Chipboard-Swirl, Bo Bunny flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by today I really appreciate your comments.

Karan