May 15, 2012

★ she is adorable

Good Morning Girlfriends: today is my day to host the Quick Quotes blog and I wanted to share with you a layout using Tin Type Line. 

Since we are featuring chalk inks this month, i wanted to show you how awesome these chalk inks are.  I had  a 12x12 corrugated sheet of cardboard.  I cut some strips from it, painted it white with gesso and set aside to dry.  Once they were dry, i grabbed Mango Mai Tai, Maja Blue, and Tahiti and went over the painted corrugated to achieve the look i wanted.

I also used the Bag o Chips Flowers on this layout.  I painted them all with white gesso first, i wanted them to grab the true colours from the inks to match the colours in the Tin Type Papers.  One of the flowers has the petals cut a little deeper so I folded the edges in to make the flower look more realistic.

By chalking the edges first then pulling the colour into the center with a blending tool, i was able to achieve the look above.  The brads were pewter, and i also dipped them in the chalk ink to colour them.

I used letters from the timber alphabet from Pink Paislee and covered them in mocha mama chalk ink,  I love how the letters turned out, it really pulls the page together.


I used two office tags in the layout, one which i covered in mango mai tai, and the other in Baja Blue.  Once dry, i stamped over the tags using a script stamp and mocha mama chalk ink.  I hope this layout inspires you to pull out your chipboard, gesso and those chalk inks, im sure you will love them as much as I do :)

Quick Quotes Materials used:
Tin Type 100, Tin Type 300, Tin Type 400, Bag o Chips-Flowers
Chalk Inks used, Mango Mai Tai, Baja Blue, Tahiti, Mocha Mama,

Other Materials:
Bazzill cardstock, creative impression brads, canvas corp twine and corrugated cardboard, Pink Paislee Timber Alphabet, Hero Arts Script Stamp,

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by today I really appreciate your comments.

Karan