Oct 29, 2012

Quick Quotes & Helmar


Fall Blog Hop:


Greetings Crafters and Happy Fall--Today we are using Helmar Products ! I  have a project to share with you which i created with the Halloween line from Quick Quotes and products from Helmar.

I have been using Helmar 450 Quick Dry for awhile now and I really love that it works for anything ( wood fabric, canvas, metal, and paper) I also for the first time, used V2 vellum Adhesive and I have to say how impressed I was with this adhesive.



 I love using vellum inbehind my die cut images and wanted to make sure my vellum was adhered to this die cut i downloaded from SIlhouette.
After cutting my file out twice (first in orange and the secod in black for the web only) i wanted to adhere vellum on the inside of the web using the Quick Quotes halloween Vellum Quotes, so that when this neat little card holder was opened, the vellum quotes could be read .

I used Helmar 450 on the web to adhere the Orange and black cardstock together.  I sprayed the insde of the cover with  V2 vellum Spray and adhere my vellum Quotes. (this stuff is awesome and happy to have had the chance to experiment with it)

I then made some cards from Halloween 500 to go inside the card holder.
The 500 Sheet had some cute jokes on it, so i just made tags out of them and a couple card fronts to go with them.



The scallop circles were popped using Helmar Pop Zots



you are here: Karan Gerber
be sure to drop by Adora Concepcion
and the main Quick Quotes Blog and leave your comments


Happy Halloween!

*****************************
Materials Used:
Quick Quotes hallwoeen -500, 300, 100
Vellum Quotes: Hall-O-Ween, This Ghostly Night, Goblins at my Door
Helmar: 450 Quick Dry, V2 Vellum Spray, Helmar Foam Pop Dots
Tim Holtz-Candlelight Fright Die
Stickles in black
------------------

Hopping Instructions:


1. Visit each of the listed designer's blog on the hop and leave a comment.
2. Stop back on the Quick Quotes blog for that day and leave a comment, telling us what inspired you.
3. Be sure to be a follower of the Quick Quotes blog. : )
4.You'll be entered to win a fabulicious yummy prize*!
5. Be sure to stop by each day this week, Monday - Thursday for the hop and fabulous inspiration!!!
6. Comments will be open until Saturday evening at 7pm PST.
7. One comment, per person, per day please.
8. Don't let the fun stop there, Friday we unveil our newest challenge!

22 comments:

  1. Always looking for new adhesives and vellum is the hardest to find. Thank you for your input on Helmar product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun project- love this as a gift and I could gladly send you my address...lol
    Thanks for sharing your Helmar use sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome project! love the spider web!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute project. I love using V2 for transparent elements. It's perfect for your quotes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project, Karan! great idea for the card box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card holder and cards. Such a great idea. Thanks for the information on the vellum adhesive and how good it is. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking for a new vellum adhesive, not happy with my Tombow. This looks great - or rather you can't see it at all! I love the card with the gated spider web, beautifully spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this project! Great colors and detail. I was just recently working with vellum and wondering if there was an adhesive that wouldn't show. This stuff looks fantastic and I think I need some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun way to show off the vellum Karan! Loving the spiderweb peek-a-boo!!! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you projects Karan. Love the V2 Vellum adhesive...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great cards-very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love this!!! The way you used the vellum is brilliant and the web is spectacular!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas!! So many of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love these Karan and what a great way to use the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow- great ideas that I can use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that holder! Really like how you put the quotes behind the opening.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the holder! Great idea for putting the quotes behind the opening.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun card holder and great tutorial. Love the information on gluing the vellum. Love the cards and how you used the sayings to make them. So fun,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a awesome gift box. Love the cut and that it is spiderwebs.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute webs, and great idea to put the vellum behind it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today I really appreciate your comments.

Karan