Feb 5, 2013

★ Canvas Resist Journal

there is nothing more soothing to the soul, then creating! This past Saturday i had a couple friends over to my studio and we had no idea what we were going to do, first we thought, hey an 11x14 canvas would be fun, so we started applying gel medium and paper, and looking at my canvas, i just wasnt feeling it.      I kept looking at the Prima Resist Album covers and inserts i had.  And was feeling the pull towards them.  So i asked Terri and Monica if they wanted to do that instead.  They were all for it!  Neither had done that before, so they were willing to dig in.

I started pulling flowers, ribbon, chipboard, buttons, and wood elements, glimmer mist, mist and more mist and we sat for a few hours after breaking for lunch and we each created our own over and our back cover.  Here is what i came up with.

journey mixed media 007


 this is a Prima Multi Media Resist Album cover-there are Prima resist flowers, Prima canvas letters (By Donna Downey) pretty much all the elements on this cover are Prima, except for the Dusty Attic Clock, and the Fab Scraps Chipboard.


The Mists cept one, are from Tattered Angels( Trunk Bay, Patina, Mallard, Olive Vine, Black Magaic with a dusting of Radiant Rain Solar Gold) I outlined the canvas word with a Faber Castell Big Brush pen, I  also added some stamping with a Penny Black stamp.  All this inspired by Anna Dabrowska in a class i took last year ( was only able to attend for 2 hrs of a five hour class, but i would say i retained all she taught me :) I hope anna is coming back this year, im hoping to stay for the full workshop :)


here is the back cover


and some detail shots


journey mixed media 015journey mixed media 010


I am thrilled at how this turned out and cant wait to dig into the rest of the album!  I also promised this project to my sister the next time I see her, so i should make this special! :)


Happy Scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. Karan, this is just a gorgeous cover! I am loving all the colors and layers upon layers of prettiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina vanGreuningenTue Feb 05, 06:32:00 AM

    Hi Karan,
    Nice work. I was on the Graphic 45 website and love, love, love the "Place in Time" altered 8x8 Matchbook Box by Tara Orr. You should consider a class on this one...I think it would be a big hit!

    Take care,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today I really appreciate your comments.

Karan