Hello scrappy friends, here to share with you a fun card i designed using the new Majestic Morning collection from Heartfelt Creations. This was a fun card as I used some distress inks to create some water colour effects.
i had alot of fun playing around with the distress inks, a water mister and the HFC stamps. At first i couldnt figure what colour scheme i wanted to go with, so i played around until i found one i liked. I used Wild Honey and Peacock feathers to come up with the colour combo in my end result.
here are some steps you can follow to come up with a card just like this one. the chipboard from Want2Scrap is the Sprightly Sprockets. I covered each sprocket with the same glaze i used as droplets--follow below
1. begin by stamping the Majestic Collage on water colour paper using Memento Black Ink-measureing 4x6. even though the stamp image is smaller then 4x6 we are working with that sizing. Just stamp your image in the center of the paper.
2. using your kraft mat, peacok feather and wild honey distress ink, swipe the inks across the kraft mat like so, using a water mister, mist both colours until the colour beads as shown
3. swipe the card across the ink, try not to blend both colours into each other too much, they will turn green when you will not get the peacock blue colour. heat set this to dry
4. take your water mister and mist some water into your hand and drop it across the paper so it creates water droplet look on the water colour paper ( also shown above.
5. using a embossing pen and clear embossing powder-colour some of the water droplets with the embossing pen and then cover with clear embossing powder. continue doing this until you feel you have enough of the droplets covered, heat set this to dry.
6. Using the Majectic Morning Background Set stamp the background with Peacock Distress ink and follow this tutorial on lining up your stamp to match your die. Using the Majestic blooms Die, cut the flowers. Take some tattered Angels Glaze and light drop soem glaze onto the blooms, and set aside to dry.
7. Using Wicked and Orange Crush glaze, do the same to the background of the card
8. heat set this dry once again
follow the rest of my instructions to complete your card :D
HCPC 3579 - Majestic Collage Precut Set
HCP-3577- Vintage Morning Background Precut Set
HCD 742 Majestic Blooms Die
1259723 Art Institute Glue (Dries Clear)
159223 Paper Blossom Molding Mat
459222 Paper Blossom Tool Kit
4252255 Grand Calibur
272486 Cameo Sparklets
other Products: Peacock Feathers Distress ink; wild Honey Distress Ink; walnut stain distress ink; kraft mat; Tattered Angels Glaze; (Orange Crush; Wicked) want2Scrap Sprightly Sprockets; graphic 45 hinges and brads. Prima white clock and metal clock finding; dusty attic small chipboard clock. sentiment done on computer. water color paper, water mister; memento black ink; wow clear embossing powder; heat tool; clear embossing pad/pen.
Instructions: stamp majestic collage precut set on water colour paper and cut to 4x6. heat set to dry. using kraft mat, take the two distress inks and swipe across the mat, add some mists of water. take the stamped image and wipe across the ink making sure the entire image is covered with colour. Be sure to not mix these two colours at the same time, they will turn green if you do. turn image over and check to see if image is covered, if so, heat set to dry . put some water in your hand and drop it onto the image to create water droplets; while the droplets are still water, drop some clear embossing powder onto the image and heat set to dry. using the clear embossing pen, add some random areas to the card front and add more clear embossing powder. heat set to dry. cut and stamp the vintage morning background set with peacock feathers distress ink. mould flowers using molding mat; drop some tattered angels orange crush glaze on edges of flowers. Add cameo sparklets. colour the want2scrap sprightly sprockets with wild honey and peacock feathers. cut a circle for metal clock and add smaller clock image to it with a brad. add some glaze to clock front. Ink chipboard clock with walnut stain, and swipe emboss pad over chipboard; sprinkle with clear embossing powder, and heat set. Add to card front then with foam adhesive add smaller clock to center. attach sprightly sprockets with foam adhesive and and sentiment. set hinges onto card mat measuring 4 1/2 x 6 1/2, then onto a 5x7 mat. Randomly drop some tatter angels glaze in spots and set aside to dry. when dry take walnut distress ink and lightly go around entire card image edges to add additional depth. Complete card as shown. and attach to card mat