Feb 14, 2015

I May not Be Perfect- Canvas Corp Brands

Happy Saturday.  The snow is still here as are the cold temps, I really shouldn't be complaining as we had a green Christmas, it just gives me more time to get in my scrapbook room and have some fun.

Back in December i shared that i was invited to join the Canvas Corp Brands Crew as a Market Contributor and our first assignment was to do a 4x4 Canvas. Today is the day we have the chance to share it with you. 
We were to design i to it depicted our style. I love the Tattered Angels Mist, and have for a long time.  I have tried many mists over the years and none ( for me anyway) blend so beautifully as Tattered Angels does.

I covered this canvas with gesso, then cheese cloth applied gel medium. Used some whipped spackle to add texture. 


 I use beads alot in my flowers for Heartfelt Creations and i have used them on some of my mixed media projects and i have a huge collection of them here in my scrapbook space. It was fitting for me to add them to this canvas.  I have used the mini bottles in the past on some projects and thought they would be perfect to hold my beads.


Although i love white space, I also love chunky.  Chunky layers filled with chipboard, cardboard, canvas, burlap anything i can add to the layers to have one focal point.  I also love mixed media, i just dont like the mess it causes, LOL!!


I used some of the canvas corp burlap; the bottom tag is cut using the Heartfelt Luggage and Tag Die; and the sentiment is from Gypsy Moments which i felt was very fitting for my style.  
"As much as I struggle with perfection, I am not perfect; I was not made to be; I accept my style and my uniqueness as a part of who i am and who God has meant for me to be. "

If you like my Canvas, i would love it if you headed over to the blog, scrolled down to the bottom of the post, and clicked on #16, there should be a heart in the upper right hand corner that will submit your vote.
Be sure to drop on by the Canvas Corp Blog and check out the rest of the 4x4 Canvas submitted from the team.

Materials Used: 

Other Materials: May Arts Ribbon and gold thread: Craft Medley Bottles and Beads; Seam Binding; whipped Spackle; Cheese Cloth; Heartfelt Creations Luggage and Tag Die. HUg Bug Seam Binding, Maya Road Trinket Pin.

5 comments:

  1. This is simply STUNNING, It just captivates you, the minute you lay eyes on it! Love the details you added here! It's only 4x4...., wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautifully done Karan! I just love it and it definitely showcases your style beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing project Karan! Love it and can't wait to become a follower to your blog! Love from Cathrine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What stunning embellishments and design Karan.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so quintessentially YOU on a canvas! Amazing details, depth and just a hint of your signature humor. Love it, Karan! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today I really appreciate your comments.

Karan