Jun 24, 2015

Special Moments: Blog Hop with Art Anthology

Happy Wednesday! And welcome to my Blog! Today Heartfelt Creations is teaming up with Art Anthology and I have an altered canvas to share with you.

this past January hubby and I went on our very first Cruise to the Caribbean and we loved it so much we have booked another cruise for next year.  The photo is of Cruz Bay in St Maarten, such a beautiful beach!

I received two bottles of dimensional paint from Art Anthology- Kona and Blue Topaz. I thought the Everyday Heros Collection would work beautifully with these two rich and dark colours so here is what i designed.


Instructions: Begin by prepping canvas with  gesso. Also gesso all chipboard pieces and resin frame.  Mix a bit of gesso into the Kona dimensional paint and paint surface of canvas including sides, dab a bit onto chipboard and resin frame. While paint is still wet drop beads into corners and heat set dry.  


Take a template and Blue Topaz paint and add texture to the background, using fingers, add a bit of blue topaz to edges of canvas and dab on all chipboard pieces.  Cut chipboard panel in half from corner to corner and this will be the base on which we will build our layers. Add two large gears to corners using Art Institute dries clear.


Take four card panels (6x6) and cut in half, distress all edges and ink with vintage photo. cut a 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 piece of blue pattern paper from collection, edge and ink distress.  Using luggage and tag die, cut out two small tags and one large tag from tag sheet; cut two of the ATC card panels from tag sheet in half and edge and ink distress.  Stamp cut and mold one set of Botanical Rose on white card stock with black memento ink, ink centers with vintage photo and edges with tahiti ink. Place Art Institute dries clear in center and sprinkle with root beer beads, set aside to dry.Adhere layers together tucking in tags at top, attach photo to resin frame and place chipboard photo corners at opposite frame corners as shown. adhere Botanical roses 


I hope you have enjoyed peeking at my canavs today, be sure to drop on by the Heartfelt Blog and the Art Anthology Blog as I am sure there will be some beautiful creations to inspire you.

Special Moments Canvas
1259723 Art Institute (Dries Clear) 
TSMP 900 - Tuxedo Black Memento Ink

Cross Promotional Partner: Art Anthology: Blue Topaz and Kona Dimensional Paint.

Other Products: Creative Embellishments: Circle Lattice Panel; Gears; Photo Corner: 8x8 deep edge canvas; root beer beads by craft medley; Prima Resin Frame; Liquitex Gesso; Tahiti Chalk ink by Quick Quotes; Vintage Photo Distress Ink; Gold Glimmer Mist; cowboy glaze; crafters workshop templates; white cardstock.

10 comments:

  1. Very Beautiful I love the depth you have created on this page.

    dea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karan...questo non e' un lavoro ma un CAPOLAVORO...complimenti sinceri...un bacio Ada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the details! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is stunning!! Love the colors and all the layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just amazing. I wonder if the team at HC fall off their chairs when they see the projects you turn in! The distressing, details, layering and wonderful composition of this beauty are masterful. Bravo my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin. What a glorous assemblage this is! All those delightfully distressed layers and the glorious shades of blue...wow! Super love this, Karan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karan...after my own heart! All that texture and layering...great photo of the ...ship....going back to take another look at the mixed media...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karan...I'm speechless! This creation is simply to die for! The layering, the distressing, the amazing details....it is simply spectacular!
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karan, I am drooling over everything I see - but this gorgeous grunge meets elegance project is my JAM! I adore this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today I really appreciate your comments.

Karan