★ QQ-Tin Type-First Design Team Project

Feb 19, 2012

Hello Scrappy Friends! Hope you are enjoying your Monday so far! I am so excited to share with you my first project as a Design Team Member for Quick Quotes.

I loved the look of Tin Type online, that when my Design Team Box arrived i couldn't wait to dig in.  When i saw the Painters Tray in the DT Box, all the lovely inks and the Tin Type line in real life, i knew exactly what i wanted to do, I wanted to incorporate some ink blending on my first DT Project

Blending Techniques:

To begin, I used three colours of Powder Puff Inks on this project by blending them together with each colour.  Mango Mai Tai, the new Baja Blue ( love this colour) and Mocha Mama  I heat set it to dry.  Once it was dry, i used a Hero Arts script stamp, and Mocha Mama and stamped over the entire Painters Tray. I then heat set it to dry again, i didnt want to take any chances that i might touch it accidentally and smear the ink.

Cracked Glass Technique:



I covered the Gears with  the same colours of ink i used on the painters tray.  I then heat set them to dry, and covered each gear with versa mark, then coated them with UTEE, and heat set.  I repeated this step three times on each gear until i achieved the look i wanted ( clear like glass) i then let these cool.  Once they were cool, i bent each Gear and cracked the UTEE. 




some detail shots:




The "I will always love you" is from the  Itty Bitty Velum Quotes, i cut it down to size to fit the


Chipboard Frame! and then i popped it using foam adhesive. Actually all the frames on this project are popped as are the photos.








Materials Used:
Gears: Bag o Chips,  Frames Bag o Chips, Painters Tray, Itty Bitty Velum Quotes, Mango Mai Tai, the new Baja Blue ( love this colour) and Mocha Mama.  From the Tin Type Line, Tin Type 100Tin Toye 300, Tin Type 400,

other products used: Tim Holtz rosette die, doily border die, Ek Success Scallop Border Punch, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punches, Stamping Up Heart Punch. Key is Bo Bunny. Creative Impression Brads.

Happy Scrapping!