★ QQ-June Challenge-Create your own Background

Jun 1, 2012

Good Morning Scrappers.  Hope you are enjoying the weather where you are, here in south western Ontario, summer is on its way!  Its June and time to bring you a challenge from Karan. 

I love the powder puff chalk inks and I am always looking for another way to use them.  I wanted to challenge you to create a background using these inks.  You can also incorpoate stamps and masks to add some detail.  Here is what i came up with.

First, i thought i would grab the papers i wanted to work with, i then matched powder puff inks to coordinate with the papers.


Papers are from the Je T'aime line and the inks i used are: Biscotti, Banana Bliss, Tahiti, Baja Blue, Purple Passion and Very Berry. not shown in this photo is Midnight Confessions. it was added later.



I began my prepping my canvas with Banana Bliss and Biscotti




i then added Tahiti, Baja Blue, and Purple Passion




i used a 6x6 reversed chicken wire crafters template along with midnight confessions chalk ink, added some texture paste. heat set to dry




then with a blending tool, i added midnight confessions to the texture paste areas of the canvas




I had some bubble wrap and added some bja blue to it and stamped on the canvas.
i love how this turned out.  I made sure the chalk inks were completely dry before i went onto creating my final project.




here are some detail shots












Materials Used:

Quick Quotes: Papers are from the Je T'aime line




Maya Road-Jonathon Chipboard, and Memory Box Border Dies.



Be sure to link your project so we can see what you come up with using Quick Quotes Powder Puff Inks!