★ Boys Sprocket Album {Want2Scrap}

Apr 30, 2013

Hello Girlfriends  I have another mini album to share with you.  If you remember my first project i did for Want2Scrap, i highlighted some photos from our family trip to Florida in February, well this album also features photos of that trip including my biggest boy, my hubby.

1
To begin, i had the Sprightly Sprocket Album with Coordinating Bling and  i knew the cover would look awesome with added Sprightly Sprockets and bling and i wanted to make it look like metal.  I wasnt sure what line i wanted to use for the album and after my recent trip to Memories Manor, Jan had the Far and Away Line from Teresa Collins in stock and i thought it was perfect for the album.

There are many layers of chalk ink on here, yes, Chalk ink.  That is all i used, i let the ink dry in between layers. And there are i believe 4 layers of ink.  The bling was also inked with the chalk ink, Chalk ink is permanent when its dry. I did add a bit of glossy accents here and there. The  boys title was cut on kraft core on my silhouette, i sanded it with a sanding block and the sanded areas where then inked with chalk ink, it just picked up the colours so beautifully that i know i will be doing that again soon :D

cover detail 3


the cover has in total two pkgs of Sprightly Sprockets and two packages of Sprocket Bling.


 ( you can never have too much bling *wink*). I also added some of Candy Rosenberg Sprocket Silhouettes from the want2Scrap Store.


detail 2


so here is the inside cover and the first page.  I incorporated folders and pockets to add more photos and journaling. For more detail shots of the album and pages, be sure and drop on by the Want2Scrap blog!  I know mini albums seem like a great deal of work, but what a great way to incorporate tags, journaling, envelopes  and pockets to hold all those special family memories. I hope i have encouraged you to get creative with Sprockets!


Until Next Time--Happy Scrapping!



Want2Scrap Products


Sprightly Sprocket Album
Sprightly Sprocket Bling
Sprightly Sprocket Silhouette
Sprightly Sprocket Chipboard

Other Products:


Quick Quotes Chalk Inks-Baja Blue, Java, Mocha Mama, Tahiti,
Far & Away line from Teresa Collins from Memories Manor
Twinery Twine
Maya Road Kraft Envelopes
Tim Holtz Metal Gears