Raindrops on Roses ::New Collection:: {Heartfelt Creations}

Feb 12, 2014

SO its Wednesday, and its February, and Heartfelt Creations has a pretty awesome new release called Raindrops on Roses.  I have to say, when i first saw the name of this new release. I cannot tell how you how heartwarming, and touching this whole release is.  Talk about monumental.  Here is why:

my mind automatically went to the song-- "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music.  ( Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, Brown paper packages tied up with strings; These are a few of my favorite things) I have to tell how you much this truly brought back some memories of my mother, which pulled at my heartstrings, for this month, will be 2 years that she has passed away. There are many things which spark fond memories of my mom, and this song is one of them.

Now the other thing that really pulled at my heartstrings, this was one of my favorite movies as a child.  Was also one of the only movies my mother and I saw together - EVER- at a theater. And any time it aired on television,  her and I would always make it a movie night.  As stated earlier, this month will mark two years that my mother has passed, so of course, all this, being so dear to me, i just had to create a layout of one of the few photos I have in my possession of her.

i really wanted to design a spectacular layout with this photo, yes i have worked with it in the past, but, there are just some photos that demand multiple layouts of, and this is one of them.  I don't think i could ever get tired of scrapping this photo.  It was dated 1967, which would have been maybe only months after my father passed.  I was only three in 1967, and my mom, although in her later years, didnt want any photos of her taken, this one, when 29 years young, i would say she was pretty darn good looking ( yes very biased opinion)  


detail photos


title detail, i felt the layout was delicate enough to not add a bold title as i normally would do,  but i let the tags from this collection speak for me, for some photos, just have 1000 words, along with 1000 memories.


many molded flowers, leaves and distress edges complement the beauty i hold in my heart for my mom.


There are few photos in my collection of my mother, that show her how she was in her younger days, I know i will truly treasure this one for many years to come.  I hope you have enjoying dropping by today.  Until Next time.....

Materials Used
HCD 743-RAINDROPS ON ROSES DIE
HCDP1 240 RAINDROPS ON ROSES PAPER COLLECTION
HCPC 3494 - DELICATE ASTERS PRECUT SET
HCD 726-DELICATE ASTERS DIE
HCD 727 VINTAGE FLORET DIE
HCPC 3500 OPEN VINTAGE FLORET PRECUT SET
HCPC 3502 MINI VINTAGE FLORET PRECUT SET
HCD 712 BELLA ROSE DIE
HCPC 3390 BELLA ROSE LEAVE PRE CUT SET
HCD 722 Tattered Blossoms Die
HCPC 3468 Tattered Blossoms Precut set
031473 Elegant Labels Four - Spellbinders
272480 Crystal Sparklets
1259723 ART INSTITUTE (Dries Clear)
159223 Paper Blossom Molding Mat
459222 Paper Blossom Tool Kit
4252255 Grand Calibur

OTHER MATERIALS - Green tea chalk ink; plum crazy chalk ink-Quick Quotes. want2Scrap Bulk Bling. Spellbinders Elegant Labels Four; Vintage Lace Accents. Distress Stickles - Icicle. Border Punch, Edge Distresser
Instructions: begin with raindrops on roses paper collection. from one of the darker purples, cut the spellbinders border out three times as well as the raindrops on roses die in the same colour.

Then cut two of the raindrops die onto white cardstock.From corrugated cardboard cut a 10x10 square and distress edges. cut coordinating paper from the collection in 9x9, distress edges. cut two of the 6x6 squares and distress the edges. adhere this onto the raindrops background. cut, stamp and mold 5 bella stems using green tea chalk ink from quick quotes mold using molding mat. cut 2-1.5" strips from coordinating papers and use a border punch to accent the photo. following this tutorial, cut, stamp and mold four sets of roses, from the vintage floret die cut , stamp and mold two sets of the middle size asters; and cut , stamp and mold one set of the tattered blossom using plum crazy chalk ink from quick quotes.

Look for the paper that has the 2-4x6 white photo mats, cut these out, distress edges . cut out a spellbinders elegant Label on black cardstock, adhere the two 4x6 on an angle as shown in photo, mat 4.5x4.5 photo on black cardstock and adhere as shown. cut out treasured days tag and sweet memories of you, using hole punch, punch hole and attach plain twine in a bow. using foam adhesive layer flowers, attach sparklets to asters. once layout is complete, randomly go over flowers with distress stickles in icicle. when dry, this will leave a sparkle hue on flowers.

thank you for dropping by today, i hope you will drop by the Heartfelt Creations website, take a peek at the fabulous designs the team has done, and maybe, get yourself some raindrops on roses too :D