★ Creative Blog Hop Nomination.

Aug 17, 2014

TCBH tagged 2

Hello, all! As I'm sure so many of you already know, there has been a Creative Blog Hop going around. The idea is to meet, greet and connect with all the awesome bloggers out there! When Sandi first asked to join, my first response was, Sure, i can do this, i can fit it in. I mean how difficult can it be to get five friends to blog along too....HA!! more difficult then it seems.

I am supposed to start with my 4 questions and answers and then pass along my nominations. Of course, at this point in the game, we are rapidly running out of people to play … as many i asked, had already done one. so, here are the questions

1. What am I working on?

Right now, i am ahead in my DT Commitments. I am thankful that i can work that far in advance. It allows me to stay focused on my family priorities and managing hubby's business. I  am ahead until the middle of October with Heartfelt Creations and into September with Creative Embellishments.  Here are a couple peeks at what is coming soon

hfc august and september 036

sunny days detsail 2  amazing life journal cover 006

 

 

 

 

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

I don't feel my work is any different then any scrapper out there. I love mixed media, but I also enjoy clean lines and white space.  I love chunky layouts but can also do a "my style of project life"  too. I do have a difficult time with CAS, style.  I love cards, tags, mini albums and off the wall projects. Being i have three men here at home, its tough to find masculine embellishments, sure there is tons of girly stuff in the industry, but whats there for boys?  so i always try to put some fabulous styles in my masculine projects to make them stand out

3. Why do I create what I do?

When i first started scrapbooking, it was because i only have a handful of photos of myself as a child. Growing up with 7 siblings, we could not afford such extravagant luxuries as a camera, never mind paying to have film developed.  So cameras and photo developing did not happen often. But the few photo albums my mom did have, i was always looking at them, asking all the questions time and again about photos.  the Who? What? Where? When?  Then i was invited to a home party for CM almost 16 years ago, i became hooked. When scrapbook stores started opening and more product became available, I jumped in with both feet and haven't looked back. Although scrapbooking was a way for me to document our family, it has become a creative journey/outlet for me.  I find it very therapeutic and relaxing.  I have learned so much over the years, met some pretty incredible people along the way, and feel so very blessed to have had the opportunities i have had.

4. How does your creative process work?

I have to say I am blessed with the ability to get my projects done quickly.  Being that i am a work at home mom, designing for manufactures over the past few years has been good for me.  If i am not busy with hubby' business, you can often find me in my craft room.  I love Sepia photos and i use Adobe Lightroom 95% of the time to edit my photos. Looking at a a new release collection from Heartfelt Creations most always gives me inspiration and since samples need to be sent in a timely manner,  i have learned to budget my time much better with deadlines. I can most always look at paper and have ideas flowing through my mind,  and in all the years that i have been scrapbooking, designing for stores, teaching workshops, or for my design team commitments with manufactures, i have never been met with a creative block and for that I feel truly blessed.

Now for my nominations:

Rhonda Van Ginkel: I first met Rhonda a couple years ago when she applied for my first Cardabilities Design team Call.  Rhonda and I  then had the chance to work together when i was on the Quick Quotes team for two years, first year as a Design Team Member and Second year as an Educator. Rhonda at the time was my DT Coordinator and we became friends through Facebook Chat. I was lucky to have met her in person at CHA in 2012 when it was in Chicago and i am glad we did.  We may not talk every day, but we talk very regularly and she is the kind of person, i know that if we lived closer within driving distance, we would be great friends.  She is a wife, a mother, a sister,  a Designer, a DT Coordinator.  Her boys keep her busy all the while working full time. She is like me in the fact that she calls it like she sees it, does not beat around the bush and is one of the most honest people I have met.  We always say one day we are going to meet up in person half way at a weekend scrap retreat, and i sure hope that happens soon Rhonda. Be sure to drop by and follow Rhondas blog, she is an amazing designer and currently designs for Bo Bunny, DT Coordinator for Quick Quotes, also designs for Cherry Lynn Designs and UmWow Studios.

Liz Walker: Liz and I are team mates and both Design for Heartfelt Creations.  We started chatting a bit on facebook and I have to say i can call her friend.  Liz resides in the UK so we are five hours in time zones apart.  Liz is very talented.  Shes designs the most incredible boxes and has a way of putting together the most gorgeous roses i have seen.  She is committed to her faith and family.  She can whip up a gorgeous card in no time at all and i love her spirit.  Through our talks on facebook, she is the kind of person i would love to meet in person one day. Liz also designs for Crafters Companion UK and does amazing things with dies, you will want to drop by and follow her on her blog.

Olga Kovalchuk: Olga is from Russia and is on my Cardabilities Design Team and this is her third term in.  I love it when talented Designers apply for one of my calls, and are incredible at what they do and then i am shocked to see, they  have never been on any Design Team. Such was the case with Olga.  She creates some of the most fabulous mixed media, layered cards i have seen.  She is always so sweet and always has nice things to say.  She is one of the first gals i noticed to be really dedicated with her position on a challenge blog team. She loves this hobby and you will want to drop by her blog and follow her, you will be happy you did.

Jolande van Oosterhout: is from The Netherlands and we met when she applied for my DT call for Sketchabilities.  She is on into her third term.  Jolande is always there to support her team mates, reply to questions in my absence and way ahead in her DT work ( i think every term she submitted her full terms work in a matter of one month--sketches are posted for the entire term so they have the opportunity to work ahead) Jolande is one of those designers whose level of commitment is how it should be. ( in my definition anyway) She always sends a note with her emails, always asks how im doing, sharing a kind word goes a long way.  She is coming to America next month and I am sad to say i will not have the chance to meet her.  Jolande also designs for Unity Stamps so you should drop by her blog and check out her designs, she is a fabulous designer.

But I can't close without mentioning one more person

Sandi Clarkson- I first met Sandi when we were on the Quick Quotes Design Team in 2012, we are now on the Creative Embellishments DT together and she was on my Sketchabilities team this year.  Sandi has a flair for flowers and colour and you will always see some form of mixed media on her layouts.  Sandi  is dedicated to her family and loves them dearly and that shows in her layouts and projects that she creates.  I have never met Sandi in person, but I know that if we resided close enough we would be great friends and would likely end up scrapping together.  Please be sure to drop by and visit and follow Sandis Blog.  Thank you for nominating me Sandi!