Family - Creative Embellishments

Sep 10, 2015

Hello friends today i am up on the CreativeEmbellishments Blog and i have a layout to share with you.

I like to think of this as  "Posy Patch Revisited"!
The photo is of my hubby and was taken last fall.  We were out on a walk at a conservation area and I grabbed this photo.  


I love using the 6x6 panels for added layers in my work.  I cut the  the Mini Circle Panel into 2" strips as i wanted to use it as a border.  I first gessoed it, then dabbed a bit of dark brown paint, inked with gold metallic ink, spritzed some verdigris, added some art institute dries clear and sprinkled some beads, below are images from left and right side of the layout layers

  

the photo frames were altered the same way .  FIrst they were gessoed with white gesso, dabbed with brown paint; misted with gold and verdigris glimmer mist, i added some art institute dries clear and sprinkled some seed beads , love how these turned out, such a simple techique to add such texture and dimension.


Here are some close ups of the Posy flowers, both stamp and die are from another favorite company of mine Heartfelt Creations :D 


top corner detail, glue was still a bit wet when this was taken, my apology.



Thank you for dropping by today! Happy Scrapping!


Other Materials: Heartfelt Creations Posy Patch Collection: Paper, stamps dies; White gesso; verdigris glimmer mist, gold glimmer mist, brown acrylic paint; craft medley seed beads; peeled paint distress ink; vintage photo distress ink