#SHOTBOX---My Review

Jan 19, 2016

Hello Friends, today is not a crafty project post, but instead i wanted to give you my opinion of a very cool light box that first appeared on Kickstarter months ago.  Its called the SHOTBOX

When i first did some research on this i thought, hmm maybe this is the answer to all my photography problems, so i funded the project and waited with anticipation to get my email that it had finally shipped.



You might be wondering what the SHOTBOX is all about? One of my biggest challenges all the time as a class instructor and  Design Team Member  is getting good photos of cards and layouts. Residing in south western Ontario does not always allow me to take good crisp photos of my projects, especially during the winter months ( which can really be four - five months of the year)


When a friend told me about this kickstarter funding program for a new light box set up specifically made for crafters, I had to check it out! 




The photo above shows the SIDESHOT you can purchase as an additional item, i wish i would have ordered it originally with my backer package, it would allow me to take photos without having to worry about the camera shaking from the front!


ABOUT THE SHOTBOX!!


 The SHOTBOX is a Collapsible Tabletop Photo Light Studio that uses high powered LEDs to create a perfectly lit “micro-studio” environment to get great images with any camera, including smart devices. Now i rarely use my cell phone for project photos, but i know many who do.  
The Shotbox also comes easy to assemble - No Fuss Setup.; - 24" of high powered COB LED contained within.; - Toggle switch for Left, Center, and Right key lighting.;  Dimmer knob.; - Extra USB port to charge smart devices while using the box.; - Built-in easy carry handle.- Carry All Tote Bag - lightweight mesh material with pockets to carry accessories and power cords. It measures  (16" Tall / 15"x14" Inside Floor)
you can watch how this all came about and all the prototypes they went through to bring this to market: This video was shot in Oct 2014, so you have an idea how long it took them to bring it to production. 


Here are some photos i took of previously uploaded projects, and then i re photographed them in SHOTBOX to show you the difference.  I also photographed a few of my upcoming projects and I have to say, there is a HUGE difference, the colours look so much more vibrant and true to colour, then in my previous photos.

this card, previously photographed at home on my make shift light studio

the one below, photographed in my new SHOTBOX, i trust you can tell the difference.  The green in the leaves are more true to colour, the navy blue, looks crisp, the chevron background in the photo below looks more vibrant.
Moving forward all my projects will now be photographed in The #SHOTBOX  If you have an Etsy Store, or Ebay, and you happen to photograph all your hand made items, this is a tool you will want to have!  I hope you check it out and you can find it all here: