Aug 10, 2016

Winter Wonderland-Heartfelt Creations

Its the second Wednesday of  August and today we are bringing you a Snow Kissed collection from Heartfelt Creations. I love the spruce trees in the collection so much that my first project is full of these snow covered beauties. 


I created a winter scene with the horse drawn carriage and the trees, i love how it turned out


the snow is actually liquid applique, then heat set to puff up.


Happy Scrapping!

Winter Wonderland
HCPC 3749 Snow Kissed Spruce Cling Stamp
HCPC 3751 Snow Kissed Flakes and Tag Cling Stamp
HCD1 7107 Frolicking Frosty Spruce Die
HCD1  776 Oval Eyelet Die
1259723 Art Institute (Dries Clear)

Other Materials:  Fairy Dust;  Distress Forest Moss Distress Ink; Peeled Paint Distress Ink; Canson Water Colour Paper;  Xpress It Foam Adhesive; Liquid Applique; White Card,  Distress Markers in Pumice Stone; Vintage Photo; Iced Spruce; Wild Honey; Brushed Corduroy; Fired Brick; White embossing powder; blending tool; embossing ink; heat tool; Black Archival Ink

Instructions: Card Base us 5.5x8.5 on white card.  Create a 1 inch frame to go around outside. Stamp the frame with the snowflake border stamp using embossing ink, sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat set.  Create a resist technique by now going over the frame with peeled paint and a blending tool, if you wish to wipe the snowflakes off once frame is coloured just use a baby wipe.  Stamp sleigh image on canson water colour paper with archival ink . Cut out with Oval eyelet Die then using small tree stamp and forest moss ink, create a shadow of trees by stamping same image twice with lighter image just off to right or left of first image. Colour sleigh image with distress markers. Add liquid appliqué to trees and bottom of sleigh as shown.  Stamp and cut out three sets of smaller trees and two of the large spruce trees on white card with forest moss distress ink. Adhere sleigh image to card base, add frame.  Add liquid appliqué to tress and sprinkle fairy dust, heat set so forms snow, adhere trees as shown with foam adhesive. Add sentiment from collection. From white card, free cut a curve piece  of paper to go on bottom of card and line edge with liquid appliqué, sprinkle with fairy dust, heat set and adhere to card as shown. 


18 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! So much attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful snowy scene.. I loved the way you have created the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...must pull out that liquid applique

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried leaving a comment on this beautiful card yesterday, but I see it's not here. I wanted to let you know how gorgeous this is with those snowy trees and lovely winter wonderland! I wish I could shrink myself down and take a ride in that sleigh! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried leaving a comment on this beautiful card yesterday, but I see it's not here. I wanted to let you know how gorgeous this is with those snowy trees and lovely winter wonderland! I wish I could shrink myself down and take a ride in that sleigh! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! This is the prettiest winter scene! Love the liquid appliqué added to the trees! Gorgeous my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today I really appreciate your comments.

Karan