Hello G45ers, it is Karan Gerber here to share a G45 reel with you. It has been a long time since i have created an explosion box and i thought the Graphic 45 Regular tags would work perfectly to create an explosion box. 




Using four of the regular tags, I scored each one on the long end at 1.5 inches and at 5 inches. Taking a square of black cardstock measuring 4 inches by 4 inches, I attached the bottom end of the tag to the edge of the square 4x4.


I did attach corner pieces to two of the tags. I thought this might give my box stability. These strips are 1 inch wide and 3 and a half inches long score in half, attaching to each side of two of the tags. 


I have to say, I love the look of those oversized grommets on the regular tags on the top, it looks awesome when you take off the lid. 



For the top of the box, I cut a square measuring 6 x 6 and I scored on each end at 1”, folding on score lines I cut into the corner and folded those ends in to create a cover. 



I decorated the top using some of my favorite dies from Graphic 45 and some ephemera from the Letters to Santa collection. The flowers I made by hand using the flower dies in the Large Tag die se. I cut them out of cardstock and added stamens to the center. I added some snow paste to the lid to give it a more wintery feel. 




I decorated my box using Letters to Santa but you could certainly use any of the collections. YOu can check out my reel here on my You tube Channel:


https://youtu.be/SHhjxQLJ-KU



Materials Used:


Letters to Santa 12 x 12 Patterns & Solids


Letters to Santa 8 x 8 Collection


Letters to Santa Ephemera


 Regular Tags Black


Large Tag & Flower Dies


Regular Tag & Gear Die


Square Tag & Clock Die