Hello Friends and welcome to my last post for 2018 with Creative Scrapbooker. I am sure many of you have taken a ton of photos over the holidays and perhaps are looking for some inspiration to get those photos into your albums, here is a layout designed using the fabulous Winters Edge Collection ( link here: http://www.49andmarket.com/product-tag/winters-edge/) from 49 and Market ( link here: http://www.49andmarket.com/) I also combined some of their blooms and chipboard is from 2 Crafty Chipboard ( link here: https://www.2crafty.com.au/)


I started with a 12 x 12 sheet and cut down a second sheet to 11.5 x 11.5 and distressed the edges.  I actually distress the edges on all my paper layers of this layout to add some texture.

The photo mats measure as follows: dark mat measures -7.5 x 7.5; the grey gingham is 5.75 x 6.75; the red striped paper on the background is 2 strips 3 inches wide which i tore top and bottom and layered one behind the other.  I also have a red stripe piece as a layer measuring 7.5 x 5.25.


I used two different sizes of photos for this layout.  the larger photo measures 5.75 x 6.75 ( so a 5x7 cut down one quarter inch on each end) and a red photo mat 5x7.  The smaller photo measures 5 x 4.25 with a 5.25 x 4.5 black photo mat. 

The Be Merry title was cut from the manufacture strip on one of the Winters Edge Papers

To detail the chipboard i used Embossing powders from Emerald Creek ( link here: https://emeraldcreek.ca/) I added a thin coat of clear embossing ink to the chipboard pieces then did a coat of Chunky Rust with a coat of Ancient Amber right on top and this is how it turned out.  I did add some crackle glaze to them and then some frosting powder to make the chipboard look snowy. 



to add some texture and color to the flowers, i added a thin coat of Deco Arts Crackle Glaze and sprinkled Frosting powder on top and heat set using my heat tool and this is how it turned out



Once i had all my papers distressed and glued down, i continued with my photos then added the flowers in the corner. Starting with the chipboard on the bottom layer and building my flowers.  You can see the chipboard peeking through the flowers. Love how the frosting powder looks on the chipboard too. 


insert peek 4 here



In one of the 49 and Market ( link here- http://www.49andmarket.com/) flower packs, there is a lace trim, i thought it would add a elegant touch to layer this under the chipboard border and here is a peek of the flower cluster.


I hope my project today inspires you to create some layouts using these fabulous techniques.  I would love for you to share them with us. 

From all of us here at the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine, we wish you and yours a bright and prosperous 2019!

Material List:
49 and Market: Winters Edge Paper Collection; Flowers
2 Crafty Chipboard
Emerald Creek - Baked Texture Embossing Powders - Chunky Rust and Ancient Amber